Sunday, January 19, 2014

Sex~~~



I hate the view our society has on sex. I've always thought it was slightly backwards that it is normal for people to have sex, then get into relationships, then fall in love. Shouldn't love come before sex? 

Relationships and love should come before sex. The crazy chick in vanilla sky said that when you make love, your body makes a promise. I know for women, this is very true. Sex complicates things. It creates emotions and clouds your judgement. You've created a bond that you will then be loyal to, even if it is not the best thing for you. You are then in love, and it is based on sex. Sex is a component of a relationship, but your relationship with someone shouldn't be based on sex. 

I have also watched as people get serious with others continue to sleep with other people, because there wasn't an established exclusivity. And then of course lie about it. This is one of the most heart breaking things for me. And a reason that I am waiting until I am in a relationship before I have sex with someone. I am a relationship person. If I allow myself to trust and invest in someone, I plan on keeping them around. I don't want to be played. 

It's crazy that when I was growing up, I was always told to wait until I was married to have sex. I'm not planning on getting married ever again. But now I can say that I agree with this teaching. Sex is a serious subject and deserves respect. 

Song of the day ~ dark horse by Katy perry 

1 comment: