Sunday, January 12, 2014

New Year New Beginnings

Friends,

I was looking back through these posts. Boy, has life changed. Every year is so different than the last. I want to maintain this blog this year, to share my thoughts and open discussions. I want to become apart of the blogging community! I love writing. I have two books that I want to write. I love discussion (as long as it is concise and respectful).

This last year was a growing year. I met a lot of new people that I am growing to love more every day <3. I have a job that is refining my skills on a regular basis. I have new challenges and I am learning so much about myself.

This has also been one of the hardest years for me. I lost a very important relationship to me. I divorced my husband. There were some key components in our relationship that were no longer working. This is one of three of the hardest things of my life: my parents divorce, my move to Utah, and losing a best friend. So needless to say, it was a hard year and I am still recovering.

Our trust was diminished. He had lied to me about something. And we worked through it. But he continued to lie about it. So then I acted out. And we didn't find a way to repair us from that. Maybe it wasn't meant to be. I felt like we had a very good relationship despite this aspect. I was very supportive of his dreams. He did things with me that I liked to do. We had fun together. And I am very sad to lose this relationship.

On the upside, I am able to focus on myself now. This is an opportunity to focus and develop myself. I am re-discovering the person who I have always been, but never had time to develop, since I was always working on our relationship - a clue that the relationship wasn't helping me to build myself, since I was using my energy to make our relationship work. This has also helped me to define my expectation of what I want from a relationship. I want someone that is continually working on themselves, so I can continually work on myself. This shows me the importance of boundary creating. I must value my own development, over coaching someone else's development. I can be support of someone else's development, but I cannot develop another person.

Now here comes the fun part of blogging - learning more about others. Tell me what your most important piece of relationship advice is for someone coming out of a divorce! No repeats :)

Here is my unique share of my blog: Songs of my day: "I ain't mad at cha" by Tupac and "Under Control" by Ellie Goulding. What is your song of the day?

No comments:

Post a Comment