Saturday, July 15, 2017

I am not Religious, I am not a Christian.

I grew up very religious, within a Mormon family. Most of my family still attends church to this day. Mormons belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, which is a Christian denomination. I am constantly reminded of my family's beliefs, as if I should agree or adhere to them.  I want to state that I love my family very much. They are very important to me. If their religion makes them happy, then that makes me happy for them. However, that does not mean that I support the LDS Church. This is my public statement. I am not religious. I am not Christian. I do not want to be preached about Christ being the savior that I need.

Believe it or not, I mostly hold my tongue. I do respond back harshly, but what they do not understand is that I am holding everything back that I want to say. But now I feel the need to express myself because I am tired of being preached to. I do not agree with what you are saying. If it makes you happy, I am happy for you. But it doesn't make me happy. In fact, it makes me angry. So please, stop expecting me to believe what you believe.

I am not a Christian and I do not believe in the need for a savior. If a god created me to be human, then condemns me for it, tells me I will never be good enough without him, this sounds like an abusive relationship to me. If your religion is true, I don't want part of it. I will find a different path, to a different place that doesn't shame people for being human.

I do not like the LDS church. Your opinion says women are treated equally. I call "BULLSHIT." Women are second class citizens, so are people of color, so is anyone who is not hetero-normative. If you are gay, you are not allowed to love your preference. You are allowed to pretend to love someone in the way that you are expected to. I don't believe in a god who creates someone a way and then shames them for it. This is not a kind god. Also, there is evidence that suggests Joseph Smith was a plagiarist for the Book of Mormon. I do not believe he wrote the book or was a man of god.

I am on a spiritual journey, but it doesn't include a religion. It is a personal journey to find the purpose of my life. I attend a "church," but I would describe it more as a society. It doesn't say what will happen when you die. It helps you to live a better life by searching for meaning through others experiences, including scriptures of different religions. It also calls for social action to make the world a better place.

I do not believe that saying a pray alone is going to save the world. I have to get my ass out there and do the work to make this world a kind, livable world. I believe religion gives people an excuse to only do a little. The religious leave it in the hands of god. No god is going to save you or anyone else. This world is physical and if you want to change it, you have to get out there and do it yourself. I do believe in the law of attraction. I believe that energy attracts like energy. I believe in meditation to focus individual energy. I also recognize that my understanding is limited. I only know what I know. I do not know what I do not know. So please, stop preaching to me about a Christ that I do not believe in.


No comments:

Post a Comment